Saturday, December 19, 2009

Bunny










Ingredients:
Marinade: Red wine, olive oil, thyme, salt

Dry Rub: Brown Sugar, sea salt, marjoram, thyme

Prep:
Skin the bunny. I did it by hanging it upside down.
Marinade over night.
Apply dry rub and wrap in bacon about 30min before smoking. (Everythings better with bacon... right?)

Cook:
225F indirect heat 5.5hrs
30min rest in foil

Smoke:
Apple

Sides:
sweet potato casserole, broccoli


Notes:
A friend of mine from work brought me the rabbit that his dad had shot. This was my first attempt at rabbit. The taste varied a lot. Some parts were really good, but other parts tasted a bit like the forest. The texture of the meat (especially on the back) was almost powdery, where as the deep part of the leg could have  been cooked longer. This was an interesting experiment, but I don't think I will make another one anytime soon. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment